What began as a project of three friends: the late Marcel Lapierre, Jean-Claude Chanudet (With his wife Geneviève) and Joseph Chamonard. It remains now in the hands of Jean-Claude Chanudet and Marie Lapierre. The trio purchased this 13-hectare parcel upon realizing that, despite being designated outside the grand cru status, it held prestige beyond title. Planted originally in 1914 in 3 parcels, it is complemented by a mixed soil composition of clayey granite and calcareous-sand. They expanded the plantings to make use of the subtle variations below and combined the wines to create a harmonious (and amazing) definition of the entire plot. Following the biodynamic-organic practices they began so long ago, they tend their vines without chemicals or inorganic fertilizers. Only natural yeasts are used in the cellar, and time is effectively given to the resting wines in the 200-year-old foudre casks. Knowing a prized piece in any auction or display takes an artistic and weary eye; perhaps six eyes this time were better than one. No matter, the traditional wines of this overlooked set of vines, caught between Morgon and Brouilly is best tended under the watchful gaze of their rightful owners.